Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-19-2011, 05:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Jumping in,

Well hi there everyone,

After hearing my friend talk about her aquarium so much, i finally decided i want to get one. I'm hoping to find a nice 30-55 gal used one around so i can start this thing off right =)

I've only had the little 3 gal ones that don't even count as an aquarium. Well, I finally found out why nothing really lived long in there so i'm not going back to that.

So yeah, basically just here to ask you guys tons of questions, hope you won't mind!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:39 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Welcome to AA! Go for the biggest tank you can afford/have space for. You'll regret it eventually if you don't. I've gone from a 10g to a 20 to 30, now a 75 and have a 220g in storage.

Check out the articles section too, lots of good information about cycling your tank!

Old 11-19-2011, 05:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!!! We're so gals to have you here!! I like the 35-55g range to start out, even if I did start with a 10g.... But it's so much worth it, plus it means more fish. What type are you thinking of? Fresh or salt? Any ideas on the species??? Planted? Sorry I get a little excited with new tanks
Old 11-19-2011, 05:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!
Old 11-19-2011, 06:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome! Thanks for joining us!
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hey! Welcome!! We are all very willing to help you and you will probably get an answer for almost any question. I also like the idea of the 35-55! I would go with the 55g as you have many, many options! Especially cichlids It's a great size. I have one in my fish room.

Oh and BTW @lkbraggcsr, please don't hi jack this thread. Make a thread about it and you are good to go
1.0 JD (JD Club #1!)
6.9 Guppies
0.0.1 Normal Ball Python
KonvictKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Thanks for the welcomes! Everyone is so nice here =)

hehe i definitely trying to find something closer to 55, i keep crossing my fingers every time i look at craigslist

If i can find a breeder around, i'd like to get a pair of Angels as the center fish
Then i'm also looking at Gouramis, Corys, Pencil fish, Endlers, Danio, loach, or a Flag fish. I'm still looking at temp and Ph for these guys so i'm not 100% but i like the look of them =P

And i'd love to try my hand at putting some plants in it, but i don't know if i feel confident enough to try it right off of the bat
Old 11-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild
Thanks for the welcomes! Everyone is so nice here =)

hehe i definitely trying to find something closer to 55, i keep crossing my fingers every time i look at craigslist

If i can find a breeder around, i'd like to get a pair of Angels as the center fish
Then i'm also looking at Gouramis, Corys, Pencil fish, Endlers, Danio, loach, or a Flag fish. I'm still looking at temp and Ph for these guys so i'm not 100% but i like the look of them =P

And i'd love to try my hand at putting some plants in it, but i don't know if i feel confident enough to try it right off of the bat
That sounds like you've been looking around and have been doing your research! That's really awesome of you! I would suggest getting maybe anachris or some type of moss if you do work up some confidence, they grow with almost any light source with most all set ups IME! But best of luck finding the tank and researching the fish, oh and Bon chance with the cycling
Old 11-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaKai View Post
That sounds like you've been looking around and have been doing your research! That's really awesome of you! I would suggest getting maybe anachris or some type of moss if you do work up some confidence, they grow with almost any light source with most all set ups IME! But best of luck finding the tank and researching the fish, oh and Bon chance with the cycling
Welcome! and i agree do your research! and you will probably change your mind about 50 times about what fish to get by the time your tank is cycled
Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome! This is a very rewarding site

life is short... get a fish.
SwimsWithFish is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« New | hi from omaha »