Jumping in...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparky98

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All! I'm new to this site, but not really new to the world of fish. I kind of went in head first when we got a 10 gallon aquarium (I promised my daughter a fish - she was thinking goldfish, but I didn't want to deal with a bowl). So the things I learned over time were remarkable. Playtys give live birth - wonderful teaching moment for the kids, especially after we watched Momma Fish have a "Circle of Life" moment with one of the fry. Next step - buy breeding tank for fry.

Anyway, a few months later (and a few fish mishaps later - really, the things I've learned!), I decided to go for a bigger tank (glutton for punishment, yes) and we now have a 39 gallon tank in addition to the 10 gallon tank. We use the 10 gal for the nursery - I seem to have very 'easy' fish.

We predominately have platys, along with some catfish (pandas and cories - and just got an upside down one) and a sucker fish in each tank - sorry, don't know their "official" name. My platys are doing okay, but I don't know if their family tree is getting too tangled - they seem to have issues as they get older, but I'll find the right forum for THAT issue!

I'm looking forward to learning more about my fish through this forum - it's been an adventure so far!

Back
Top Bottom