Just a little introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

megabeth33

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. Nice to meet you. I am very much in the learning stage with saltwater tanks. We are recuperating from a very expensive previous experience (disaster) with a large saltwater tank. We have a 14 Gal. Oceanic BioCube. My husband added live rock (maybe called "bali") and some other "live" sand in February 2012. We just let it cycle until April 2012 when we added 3 crabs and 3 snails (the specific types/names are not on the receipt), a Diamond Goby and two different types of coral (coral type is not on the receipt either). We got a "Goby-Firefish Purple" toward the end of April 2012. The tank was wonderful. The Goby ended up disappearing. Through a "Google search," I found (through this forum) that it may be in the filter area in the back of the Cube. I looked and there was our Goby. That Goby ended up passing away after the second time in the back - very hard to get out of the back area. We have drain cover over that now, so no more stage diving. :facepalm:

What a surprise to see a huge, freaky looking worm lurking on our rock. Through another "Google" search, I found (here) that it was a Bristle Worm (I do not know what type though). In August 2012 we bought a "Goby -Target Mande" and another "Diamond Goby" (those are the names on the receipt). Both of those died within days of adding them. My husband thinks the bristle worm's poison (??) got them :confused:, so we bought a trap. Wow, there was more than just one bristle worm. My husband snuck a "clown fish" in the tank on me a couple weeks ago (I'm not a fan as they seem to bring "nasty" to a tank). Right now, we are having issues with Vermited Snails (two I can see).

At the moment we have four different types of coral, the purple firefish, the clown fish, snails and a couple of crabs, the live rock, and some sort of other purple in color living something (which my husband calls an amoeba :confused:) - it appears to be a coral-like weed to me. I know this is long-winded and probably barely useful information, but I am providing as much detailed info as I can to get acquainted. Trust me, I've got questions. Hopefully, curiosity doesn't kill the cat.

Other boring information about me. I have an awesome 10-year old son who is on the autism spectrum - keeps it interesting and I love him more than anything. I truly have an amazing sense of humor, I love my heavy metal/thrash/hard rock music (just a fan - can't play anything but a mean air guitar), I'm a full-time paralegal, in my 40s, and in my last semester of my bachelor's degree. :banghead: (I told you I have an amazing sense of humor).

I'm not new to forums, although I'm generally found on the Megadeth forums or Blackboard threads through school. I look forward to meeting everyone here. Take care.

Back
Top Bottom