Just getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trishkk29

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone. I am a new fish owner (roughly 2 weeks now). I became involved when my roommate was gifted with a 44gal, 5gal, and fishbowl from his sister. He jumped right in by getting 2 red tail sharks. Shortly thereafter I moved the little guy into the 5 gal (and assumed responsibility for her) because the bigger one was picking on her so much. I have been having a very difficult time since then trying to keep her happy in such a small tank. I am very glad that after looking for 2 weeks, a friend of my roommate's gifted us with a 29gal tank complete with filter, air pump, etc.... I am trying to get this new tank set up asap. My poor red tail is so miserable and of course the water conditions are still sketchy. Like typical new owners though we have made the mistake of getting wayyyyy more fish than we can handle. I hope to be able to get some good solid advice on my fishies and provide others with what has worked for me to date.

Back
Top Bottom