Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Just here to help and be helped

Hello, I am Destiny. I have been working with fish and other watery creatures since I was very small. I have worked for a zoo and I've worked for a fish company. I love to work around fish.

My fiance has not been in fish as long as I have, but he loves them as much as I do. Our very first fish was a Red Tail Catfish. NO I did not do my research before I bought this awesome fish... I did learn that they do GROW...and thus I used every penny of my fun money to upgrade until my baby "Yumcloth" a.k.a Yummy was happy. He now resides in a 3000 gal aquarium and will eventually have a female joining him... she's very tiny right now. She fits happily in a 2.5 gal right now. LoL. I am a rescuer of large fish. I am currently working on buying a new 2000 gal aquarium for a Red tail at a petstore that is in desperate need of a better home. All large fish are welcome in my home.

I have a ton of aquariums in my home. I have a 3036 sq ft home and YES I plan for most of the walls to eventually be aquariums. My fiance loves Saltwater, but I know more about the set up than he does, so he learns from me. LoL. I prefer freshwater, but I do love salt as well.

Let's see.... I also own four great danes and a papillion... I know what happened with that? I am a Marine Biology major in college and have a timeshare condo in the Bahamas at Atlantis Resort where my fiance and I go scuba diving and sailing every year.

I DO NOT mean to sound spoiled. I just love being around water... and I'm sure you know how that it.

Oh, I'm 21 yrs old and my fiance is 24 yrs old.... not bad for youngsters.

Look forward to talking with people and helping where I can... and getting help when I need it. THANKS

Des

Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Welcome Destiny!

"Life may not be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance!"

austinsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
AA Team Emeritus

Welcome to the site Destiny! Sounds like you and your fiance have quite the collection of tanks in your home! We love pictures here, especially of large tanks like 3,000g tanks!

Best wishes!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Welcome Destiny.
I so want to see your tanks.
Please post some pictures when you get a chance to.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:30 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to kangster
what is 3000g tank made out of? how do you clean the tank? gravel vac? what % water change? wow id love to own one of those one day
Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #6
Thanx but no.....

Sounds like pictures are in order
Old 02-25-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

"Just here to help and be helped "
Thats just about all of us
welcome to the site.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

The 3000 gal is made from glass (THICK but still glass). LoL. Heavy as heck. Required special people to move it when I moved into my house and had to have the PERFECT spot because there is NO moving that tank. Normally I just go snorkeling to clean it. LoL Yes I use a HUGE gravel vac and the water changes are 50 % about once a month sometimes less depending on what I feed everyone.

As soon as I get my camera back from the Camera DR. I'll take some updated pics for everyone.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:36 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow that is amazing. I am going to snorkel in one of my tanks I just need to decide which one... the 46 or the 75??? hhmmm Sounds like you have alot of fun. It would be sweet swimming with my fish. See ya and lets see some pics!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 09:56 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to kangster
i'd love to go snorkeling and feed my fish but then...i wouldnt really fit into a 10 gallon tank...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com