Just Joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishnutcheryl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all - I just joined the forum. After reading advice and posts from other users for several months, thought it be time to join the group. :p

I currently have a freshwater tank. I have two large goldfish (Frankie and Johnnie started this new obsession). With them are Betta Bing and Sucker Sam. There are a few cory cats in the tank to keep things interesting too. I am trying my hand with live plants. After loosing five or six, I finally found several that the goldfish won't eat.

I am moving from a 30 gallon to 125 gallon this weekend. Thought about putting the stand on wheels so I can move it away from the wall a couple times a year to clean. Any thoughts? Anyone every try that?

So that's about it -- looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Hey, welcome
I don't have any ideas if wheels would work, but I have a 150 SW inside a cabinet and wish I could get around it to clean. Hope it works for you. Post some pictures.
(I'm new here also)

I post pics after everything is set up. All the parts are slowly being delivered. Just have to pick up the tank and stand at my favorite pet store this weekend. That huge order came in earlier this week.

Welcome to the site! 125 is going to be a heavy tank. I would be leary of moving it around.

Hi mate,
Id be pretty careful putting it on wheels. Does your tank have any movement buffer under it? Even something as simple as styrofoam? I once made the mistake of moving my tank and the whole bottom cracked! Luckily, it was anew set up and the fish weren;t in it yet, but I've never tried to move a tank again unless its empty. I currently have my tank in a cabinet, I set it up far enough away from the wall so I could get behind it to vaccum etc. I guess if it were me, I'd probably empty it before moving it or set it up in a fashion that allows easy access?
Not sure if this helps
Kate

I would not attempt putting a tank that large on wheels unless you used a motorized tractor system like NASA used to move rockets to the lauch pad.

welcometoaa.gif

Alaris,
Yes, I have a male betta in my tank with two 8" goldies. Bing keeps them in line for me. Betta Bing guards his territory but never tries to fight with anyone. Generally when I have to put my hand in the tank for some reason he actually glides thru my fingers. Talk about a personality!

Thanks for all the thoughts about the wheels folks. The 125 that I am putting in is going to be on a wood stand. I am looking at wheels that can hold the weight, place them strategically on the bottom of the stand to balance the weight, and be sure they can lock. I don't want the tank moving just by someone walking in -- that would be bad.

Welcome to AA! I have 2 tanks over 125 gals and I would not put either on wheels. Not for the weight to move them but due to worrying about pressure cracks in the glass from shiftin.

Back
Top Bottom