Just joined

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sdellin

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello, I joined a few days ago and I've already gotten some good advice, thanks!

I have a 55-gallon tank that I've been wanting to set up for quite some time. A friend heard about it and was looking to get rid of his 15-gallon tank, which is now my qt tank. I took all of his live rock, sand and fish and moved them into my tank, added some live sand and aragonite, a few more live rocks and some tufa, and walla... instant cycle (I hope).

My friend had a yellow tang, royal gramma, ocellerous clown, cinnamon clown, serpent star and a turbo snail. Yes, you heard right, all in a 15-gallon tank loaded with rock! It was a job, but I moved them all to my tank and it didn't take me long to realize why the gramma never came out. He was being bullied for the last five years by the cinnamon clown. I moved the gramma back to the qt tank, added two baby clowns and added a starry dragonet. So I have just the four in the small tank and the gramma swims all over and will have a much better life.

I had Petco adopt out the cinnamon and yellow tang, they were too large and I could not add anything new. Then I added three more snails, a sally lightfoot crab, four blue-green chromis, two blue cromis and a regal tang to the large tank. The lfs told me my tank could support those fish, so hopefully I haven't overloaded. I have about 8 inches of fish, plus the snails, serpent star and crabs in the large tank.

Things are going well, I just have the brown algae problem which I'm working on. Added a protein skimmer and am keeping tabs on my chemical levels.

There you have it... quiz on Monday.

Back
Top Bottom