Just joined here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gardentoad

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!
I'm new to this site but not to fishkeeping. I have kept freshwater fish for 30 years since I was a kid.
I kept a 55 gallon salt water tank for a while but sold that years ago.
I had a fishroom at a previous hose with 50 f/w tank running. I bred mostly Angelfish, some african cichlids and bettas.
I worked at petsmart off and on over a 10 year period. Now is an off time.
I presently have a small pond aprox 600 gallons, and a 55 gallon community aquarium. I just bought a 215 gal tank that I haven't set up yet.
I am going to set up the 215 as an aquarium/ terarrium (I also like reptiles and amphibians).I want to have a heavily planted tank with very small fish, frogs and a few anoles and geckos.
I had this set up before in a 200 gal that I had to sell when we moved here 7 years ago and I really missed it.
I don't have a basement so I won't have another fishroom here.
Not related to fishkeeping,I am also very into gardening and I keep parrots.

That's my history condensed.
I hope to meet some new friends here.

WOW 8O

What reptiles and amphibs. do you keep?

I've got two green anoles, a baby Five Lined skink, a bunch of fence lizards, and baby ringneck snake, and hopefully a beardie pretty soon.
-Blizzard

Thank you all for the welcome. :D

Toirtis,
I am owned by a Geen winged macaw, a ducorps cockatoo, an african gray, 4 cockatiels, 4 budgies and 6 parrotlets.

What is an M2?

gardentoad said:
Thank you all for the welcome. :D

Toirtis,
I am owned by a Geen winged macaw, a ducorps cockatoo, an african gray, 4 cockatiels, 4 budgies and 6 parrotlets.

What is an M2?

Moluccan cockatoo....fairly standard lingo amongst a lot of cockatoo owners..."Cockatoo" is shortened to " 'too" or "2", so a Moluccan cockatoo is an "M2", a Goffin cockatoo a "G2", a palm cockatoo a "P2", etc.

You are far more brave than I...17 parrots....that must be one noisy house at daybreak. My next, and likely last, addition to my flock will be the Hyacinth macaw I am presently on a waiting list for, although I would not mind an African grey (something else that is often shortened to "TAG" or "CAG").

Back
Top Bottom