Just Joined-Introducing myself

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horsegirlmaddy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all fellow fishy lovers :) I'm maddy and I'm new to the forum so bear with me! Just thought I'd introduce myself and get to know some of the wonderful people on here, so here it goes.

My aquaria are as follows:
800-gallon outdoor pond: 4 comet goldfish I bought as "feeders" eight years ago. They are now about eight inches long each, and probably weigh a good 1.5 pounds. My dream is to have a huge, elaborate indoor pond someday, with ogon koi as far as the eye can see, but I'll have to wait Until I own my own home!

An African-themed predator tank: baby albino Senegal bichir with a hearty appetite, leopard Ctenopoma who is scared of its own shadow, and an African butterfly who chills, eats and doesn't do much except be awesome!

An African Clawed Frog tank: exactly as it sounds, two albino ACFs and a "classic" wild-type, all still juveniles, but getting pretty hefty! I suspect its two females and one male

A tank with an axolotl: single specimen, cute as a button!!!

Nano tank: 4 pea puffers, difficult as all get out to feed and figure out, but doing well regardless.

Two nurseries: one filled with live bearer fry (guppies and mollies) and the other with seven pin-sized baby African cichlids

60 gallon hexagon: don't judge me on this one please: it's a freshwater "community" tank with everything from Bala sharks to tetras to angels... And a salvini, a firemouth, two blood parrots and a couple convicts (all cichlids are juveniles). It will eventually be an angel and discus tank and I will have a 120 gallon south american tank...but for now that's how it is. Unconventional, but I have yet to have any problems.

7 Bettas (separate of course), from veil tails to crown tails to metallic super deltas to dumbo ears. I love them all for their remarkable beauty, grace and personality.

Brackish tank: figure-8 puffer and a handful of bumble bee gobies

And an empty 10 gallon with no plans...so some fun suggestions for that would be appreciated!

Anyways, that's my overview, and I look forward to talking with everyone here!

I'd love to have a nano saltwater habitat...but I've been researching it for months and I still feel clueless. Lol. I adore seahorses but I've heard that they're extremely finicky... Any stocking suggestions/advice?

Haha well sea horses are really hard to keep. I'd set up the 10 gallon and have a goby pistol pair. Or a firefish. There's a couple other options but those are the 2 most popular.

If they're dwarf seahorses they need to have brine shrimp hatched daily for them:( which was the reason I decided against them and made a......shrimp tank!
It seems to be about the only thing you don't have.
I'm also super jealous of your axolotl

Back
Top Bottom