Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Hi and welcome!
Did you cycle your tank??? how?
Unfortunately the tiger barb is going to have to be returned/rehomed. They need schools of their own kind and shouldn't be kept with fish they can nip the fins of (Angels).
Thanks mumma I returned the barb because it was doing what you said and nipping the angelfish. When I returned the barb I got a dwarf flame gourami and he won't come out from behind the filter so I took my net and moved him. After I moved him he sank to the bottom like he was dead and then moved again. What is hen doing I'm wondering if he's sick. Also none of my other fish are doing this they are all very active.
Thanks
Jackieboy

Old 01-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieboy

Thanks mumma I returned the barb because it was doing what you said and nipping the angelfish. When I returned the barb I got a dwarf flame gourami and he won't come out from behind the filter so I took my net and moved him. After I moved him he sank to the bottom like he was dead and then moved again. What is hen doing I'm wondering if he's sick. Also none of my other fish are doing this they are all very active.
Thanks
Jackieboy
Don't stress him. Leave him be. It's very stressful being moved from the fish breeder to the fish shop then to your tank. Leave the lights off to keep him calm.

Did you cycle the tank?

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Don't stress him. Leave him be. It's very stressful being moved from the fish breeder to the fish shop then to your tank. Leave the lights off to keep him calm.

Did you cycle the tank?
I took my golden gourami out and he seems to be much better the gourami must having harassing him or something. Thanks mumma
Old 01-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackieboy

I took my golden gourami out and he seems to be much better the gourami must having harassing him or something. Thanks mumma
Gouramis will do that to each other. Some have issues with keeping multiple other do not. Personally I recommend one gourami per tank usually

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com