Just Learning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

junkfood john

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi my name is john. I need a lot of help. I have another hobby. I just bought a 90 gal. tank and I'm just abought done building the cabnit for it. Now I'm ready to start setting it up. I have a 20 gallon but I found out that a 90 gallon is much different. All I have is the tank and the glass top so far. I'm ready to buy a filter,light and and every thing else for it, but I don't know what is best for my needs I would like a filter that works for saltwater and freshwater to because I'm not sure which one I'm going with yet. I was hoping that some of you could help me set it up and design it. I know very little abought setting up fish tanks. I do know abought building cabnits. I have some pictures of the fish tank that I will post but there at 2500x1900 pixles. Can someone tell me what would be the best pixle size to post them at? Thanks John

Welcome to AA! The site has an automatic image re-sizer. You should browse our FW and SW sections and decide which way you want to go as they are very different aspects of the hobby.

Hi, Welcome to the site. A lot of people with Saltwater tanks don't have mechanical filters at all. Just Live rock for biological filtration and some powerheads for flow.

FW = Fresh water. SW = Salt water

this link is to a list of commonly used abbreviations and acronyms. You can find it under the FAQ menu in the blue navigation bar at the top of the page. I still have to refer back to it sometimes too.
You'll have to browse through the "getting started" forums to decide which way you will want to go. One thing i can tell you is that FW is cheaper to build and care for. so if cost is a factor FW would be better. There is not much else that you can purchase before you decide which way you go except a heater.
I have a 40 gal tall fw planted tank which you can see in my profile. Just click on my name.
One more thing. Welcome to Aquarium Advice :wave:

Tank photos set #1

I figured out the picture thing. Now I could sure use some help. What do you all think I should do with my tank? John:idea::idea::???::???:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 77
  • Image4.jpg
    Image4.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 71
Welcome to the site!

I agree with the others, peruse the forums and the picture galleries and get an idea of what you want to do with the tank, and what your budget is. Then, we can help you get everything setup and running with the right equipment.

i really think you should give it to some needy person.

i need it. i need it. i need it. i need it. i need it. i need it.

hey look at that, i'm a needy person. :)

Really Awesome cabinets. Where ya from and do you take on apprentices?

Welcome to the site!
WOW! That stand is beautiful!
Of course you will want to do SW!

Great stand! After 10+ years of FW I went tankless for a couple of year then took the plunge into SW. Go for SALT!.... and

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom