Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Smile Just saying hi :)

Hi my name is ally and as my username already says I do most certainly love my catfish!I first got one and I couldn't think of a name for him/her so i called it pleco Malfoy (get it! Harry potter)

So it have a 15 gallon, 30L tank that I did have a few goldfish in over time and of course they died an I was discouraged.. My parents love garage saling and by spen mysterious reason someone was selling a 'suckerfish' and a goldfish in a 2L, 1 gallon I guess glass rectangle 'tank' I put him in my little aqua one 30L and he just sucked on the side.. After my goldfish died I serious was over it and with my newborn baby girl life was just plain hectic..
Now this poor fish has gone through soooo much in its lifetime! Being in a tiny tank for 3 years to being in my dyeing tank and then of course as a newbie I didn't know what to feed it and it went for about 6 months fending for itself and finding it's own food somehow.. Of course now I realize the amount of bad crap I put my poor baby through..

I then ha so much respect for this fish that had it hard but got through it do I got some guppies to keep him company and a big fake tree that's hollow that's his sanctuary (I say him because I think it's a boy but I'm not sure yet but that's a whole new thread) since then I found him a play mate pleco fry and I gave them the names David for the baby and my long time loyal baby Goliath. I have grown so fond of my Goliath that I want to do everything I can to improve its life starting with buying him algae wafers and giving him some cucumber (that he loves but won't eat the skins lol) and I also upgraded my tank to a 168L, 45ish galling hexagon tank and some albino Long fin pleco for him to keep him happy.

Now I know I'm not the best fish mummy in the world but I'm changing an woul do anything possibly for my 15 little fish friends.

Thanks for reading my life story! And I hope to hear from you on my many threads!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA! Good for you getting a bigger tank foe the little guy! Do you know what specie of pleco it is? Can you post pics of him/her? Hope your enjoying the site so far!

Old 07-25-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzter View Post
Welcome to AA! Good for you getting a bigger tank foe the little guy! Do you know what specie of pleco it is? Can you post pics of him/her? Hope your enjoying the site so far!
Sure! Any excuse to show him/her off!
Now I know it's colour may not be the best but I have him on algae wafers and veggie to hopefully help!

If you know what kind he is, I'd love to know! Also his sex?But unfortunately I haven't worked out the whole photo thing on my phone yet apparently..
I've made a photo album on my profile though?
Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would also say he's male and that he's either a golden nugget or a common! Hope I helped.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Golden nugget sounds cool!
But as corny as it sounds he's my number one no matter what!
Old 07-25-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Activist

Welcome to AA, you are going to love it here!
There is so much useful info and everyone is willing to help.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com