Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Yep, no more fish until I make sure I can keep these guys alive and until the tank is fully cycled.

Got the ammonia test kit already. (test tube, drops from two bottles, shake, compare shade of yellow-to-green) I just need to get the other test kits as well (currently have the "5 in 1 strips".)

Gotta find me a good local fish store in NJ. I do not want to go back to a MegaPetStore again.

Guffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist
Glad to hear that, luckily the fish shop near me are the best in my whole area and are so helpful and I been going there for the best part of 13 years and I'm the longest running marine member and they are the most helpful people other than aa and sometimes they 'miscount' the fish so I get an extra one. Lol but I'm glad to hear your fish are doing well and really a nice api test kit is all you need, I have the master but prefer the cheaper one

Regz8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just wanted to thank everyone and let everyone know that aside from one ghost shrimp casualty (I think it was dying already when I got it because it was less clear than the other shrimp) my aquarium seems to have cycled (ammonia has been at zero for nearly a week now and nitrates are present.) I'm still keeping on top of the testing.

The fish and shrimp are doing awesome, the fin rot is completely gone, the shrimp have become crystal clear (they were looking sort of muddy when I first got them) and I can see which shrimp are male vs female because now that they're transparent I can see the red bands that supposedly mean "male".

A healthy aquarium is awesome!
Guffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Freak
Wow! Your story sounds a lot like mine! I just joined in few days ago and have limited time for reading all the posts and articles on this site, but so far have found tons of great information on how to get my new hobby started. Mine was by default (entire story in my intro) but I'm finding this fascinating and lots of fun, and don't mind the work and some expense that goes with it. I can already tell that you will be very successful with your tank. Take care

Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com