Long time follower, new to Join (54 Gal. Bowfront Corner FOWLR...for now)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TLTGF

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello all,

As the title states, I have been a long time follower of these forums for quite a while both online and on iPhone.

I am a 29 year old single guy, living in Brighton, MI. About (6) weeks ago I GAVE AWAY a 180 gallon set-up due to being too big for apartment living - not too big, just too heavy... (I had the set-up for almost (8) years taking it from apartment to apartment, and never used it other than to hold a box turtle for a year or two before re-releasing into the wild.)

The same day, I found a great used 54 gallon bowfront on CL that had been set-up and running for approximately (4) years. The move went smoothly, and within (2) hours, the tank was back up and running, if not a little cloudy.

Set-up includes:

• 54 gallon tank / Stand
  • AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixture 24"
    • (2) 24" T5 HO 24W 420 / 460 lamps
    • (2) 24" T5 HO 24W 10,000K Lamp
    • (2) 1W Lunar LED's
  • Built in Overflow
  • Marineland NJ1800 Return pump rated at 474 GPH
  • 10 gallon Sump with LR
  • Jager Heater
The fish that came with the tank were (4) green Chromis, and a decent CUC.

My "wishlist" that I am working towards starting this weekend is composed of: 1. Royal Gramma 2. Diamond Watchman Goby 3. Pair of Black / White Clowns 4. Flame Angel 5. Sixline Wrasse 6. Pulsing Xenia 7. We'll see!

I also would like to get a Koralia EVO 750 for added flow.

My goal is to become so educated in the world of SW that I would have no problem feeling confident about giving advice and answering questions others have.

A realistic estimate would put the time I've been on several forum sites at around 160+ hours. That's the equivalent of (4) college level courses. Now that being said, I have already started to see that I would be able to answer others questions, BUT until I get my feet wet (pun intended), I'll leave it to the experts.

Please feel free to comment on anything or ask any questions - I am more than happy to answer.

Wow thats nice. I have always wanted a sw tank, but do not have the money! Welcome as well!

Thanks everyone! I will most assurredly be posting many more pics and threads as I go along - In fact this Saturday I will most likely be getting my Royal Gramma and my Diamond Goby. Hopefully pics will be up soon after!

Thanks everyone! I will most assurredly be posting many more pics and threads as I go along - In fact this Saturday I will most likely be getting my Royal Gramma and my Diamond Goby. Hopefully pics will be up soon after!

Cool, can't wait to see!

Back
Top Bottom