Long-time pet owner, first time tank maintainer~

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rythos

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all! This is Rythos, as I am known across the web from DA and beyond.

I've owned pets for YEARS, from dogs to cats to hamsters, and I helped take care of many different exotics during my veterinary technician training. However, while I owned a couple bettas in fishbowls as a young kid, I barely remember them, and we did not care for fish in tech training. (As they're generally considered "disposable pets", unfortunately)

A couple months ago, my brother and sister-in-law gave me a 10 gallon tank, complete with a heater/filter combo, for free, since they no longer needed it. (It was one of their big sick tanks for their much, much larger saltwater tank, but they'd switched over to freshwater during that time.) Having already been looking at getting a tank to help me, as I'd been having some emotional instability and found fish very, very soothing, I took this offer in a heartbeat.

So last Wendesday, desperate for a fish but lacking many supplies, I picked up a betta, along with one plant, and some food. The tank was bare and "boring" for a short while, though I was more than happy to have my new companion and he more than happy for the new space, but today I got gravel, more plants, a big ceramic dragon, and three panda corydoras. I was very careful and did research before getting more fish, so that I knew how many of what kind I should get to get along well with my betta. ^^

SO. I stumbled across this site, and, well.. it seemed active. People seemed nice, and they genuinely care about their fish. I liked that. LOVED it. Fish aren't just disposable. They're unique. Already I see my three corys having totally different personalities! I'm excited to get to know them better.

Sooo I joined this community. I hope you'll have me - I'm very happy to be here, and very excited to begin my journey into the world of aquarium keeping. <3

welcometoaa.gif

Back
Top Bottom