Longtime prowler :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmilyC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, I've been lurking in your forums for a while to help get started and am finally posting! I have a 10 gallon guppy fry sanctuary and a 55 that I'm still in the process of stocking.

Welcome to AA, nice to have you here!
What are you stocking your 55 with, will it be planted, did you wait for it to cycle?

I did wait for it to cycle - I seeded it with an old filter from a smaller aquarium and it cycled very quickly ( I have an API master kit). It's sort of planted right now- trying to get some answers on CO2 and ferts( I've posted on the planted forum asking for advice). I currently have a small school of harlequins and neon tetras, as well as a lone platy and a couple of mollies. I'm really excited about getting cories, so I think some false juliis will be the next additions.

Welcome to the club, hope you find some great advice here.

Thanks! I've already gotten a lot of great advice by reading through different threads. I used the info on the site to set up my tanks. I kept fish as a kid and am really enjoying getting back into it! I see tanks taking of my home in the near future...

Ok, nice! That sounds like a nice stock!
I would add Julie's and an angelfish would be a nice centerpiece

Or a gold gourami, angels sometimes eat neons :]

Yeah, I'd prefer nothing eating each other. Are gold gourami s dwarfs? Can I just get a single one, or do I need a pair? I also like the look of rams- are they aggressive?

No , regular size? You could pull off two male dwarfs if u wanted. Gourmais are territorial so it's better if they live by themselves. GBR would be great for your tank and are peaceful

No , regular size? You could pull off two male dwarfs if u wanted. Gourmais are territorial so it's better if they live by themselves. GBR would be great for your tank and are peaceful

I really like the look of GBR, but I've heard that they are very sensitive. Do you have experience with them?

I have had experience, I bought gbrs. And they died, now what I am doing is that I'm getting two Bolivian rams to have a bit of experience with ram behavior, and then wait to get your Germans, but they are very, very sensitive. Bolivians are very nice too

I've had a pair , I added them after my tank ran for 11+ months and dripped acclimated slowly, they were great at first then my tanked cracked and they r not among the survivors

Back
Top Bottom