Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel11o View Post
 i was thinking if i have to cycle the tank for how many days to have good bacteria do u guys think by using CREEK water its gonna make cycling faster

thanks
IMO I would never do that, who knows what's in the creek....there could be pollutants, parasites, etc.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Flake
Welcome to AA, it's good to see you're doing your research.

Do keep in mind that arowanas need tanks considerably larger than 50 gals when you plan your tank.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

yap been thinking about that too but with all the advices by cycling the tank first i might end up getting cichlid just to know if the tank is ready for arowana but with all things i have to do i wonder if CREEK H2o would be considered as to use in the tank and to think it will be faster  to cycle the water

i think ill just have to stay away with th creek h2o then, im going to set it up asap, i just cleaned the tank that i just recently bought

new hobby new adventure 
Old 04-17-2011, 01:56 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hi Angel11o, please avoid using water from your local creek, it could contain diseases, pollutants, parasites and other undesireable nasties. it would be much safer to use ordinary declorinated tapwater, much better for your fish long term.

Pete
Old 04-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #15

i just bought nutrafin cycle and aqua plus and ammonia test kit i just hope im on the right track here hehe

maybe later today ill just put water in the tank and just let the filter running together with the heater and just let the ammonia's reading be zera

ill stay away from creek's h2o bad bad idea 

thank u thank u
Old 04-17-2011, 09:58 AM   #16

Check out the link in my signature on fishless cycling... That nutrafin stuff is iffy.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

But it wont hurt anything either. Especially if you're starting from scratch. Just make sure you have ammonia present for it to eat. That is my opinion and the bacteria in the bottle worked for me.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 02:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckape
But it wont hurt anything either. Especially if you're starting from scratch. Just make sure you have ammonia present for it to eat. That is my opinion and the bacteria in the bottle worked for me.
Ya... It works, just make sure you look at the expiration date... If it's expired, the bacteria is dead, and it won't do much.
Old 04-17-2011, 03:04 PM   #19

i went to petcetera yesterday and asked about ammonia and this guy told me they dont have it and ammonia is the fish poo and urine abd everything ammonia is bad and so on and so it ended that i got a lecture from him and end up buying ammonia test kit instead

now im super duper confused with this ammonia thing, 

so guys i have to buy ammonia and mic it in with the water? then test the ammonia?
Old 04-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel11o
i went to petcetera yesterday and asked about ammonia and this guy told me they dont have it and ammonia is the fish poo and urine abd everything ammonia is bad and so on and so it ended that i got a lecture from him and end up buying ammonia test kit instead

now im super duper confused with this ammonia thing, 

so guys i have to buy ammonia and mic it in with the water? then test the ammonia?
Take a look at Eco's article. It explains the process in detail.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ml#post1456422
Deckape is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com