Looking for Koi experts!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carley

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I have just joined this forum in the hope of finding some information about koi diseases. Are there any Koi experts on this forum?

My husband and I own a 45 gallon fresh water fish tank in which our 3 koi fish have been living a very healthy life since 2005. However, in the past week I have suddenly noticed something abnormal on one of the kois and I'm looking for someone to help me identify the problem. I have taken photos and will share them here but first I want to make sure that I am in the right place to do so.

I hope that someone here can help me cure our koi back to health.

Carley

Most likely they are sick from the stress and other problems caused by being stunted, which they are if they still fit in it after a year, not to mention six.

Koi get huge, you need a pond that is at least 1,000 gallons before you even think about koi.

Welcome Aboard!

+1 to fishguy. Koi need lots of room and a pond is the best solution, or a massive tank. Wintering them in a 100g tank would be fine IMO, but a pond is best for them in the long run.

If you do a member search for Jsoong, he's been a tremendous help with my Moors and other in regards to goldfish in general.

Back
Top Bottom