Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Jello ,Chris & Charlotte,
Craig & Christine
Conner & Caroline.

Sorry just trying to guess names
Impressive tanks, both of them, im pretty sure fish and tank love spongebob!! :L
Welcome to AA.
Just a heads up those comets are fine in that tank ,at least for another 6 years :').
Lets hope in 6 years you will have a reef tank and your daughter will be wanting a tropical African cichlid tank . :P

Enjoy your time here!!

Old 01-11-2012, 03:56 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Haha good guesses viper, but wrong on all counts

That's good to hear about the comets and kind of what I was hoping too. They were, until about a month ago, in a 28 litre with a much smaller filter. The switch to the 60L with the much bigger filter has got them a lot more active, playing in the current and foraging over the gravel almost all the time their light is on.

I'm not sure about the reef tank in 6 years time, but we shall see. The cichlids tank sounds good though.

Another thing I would like to try at some stage is a long tank with some serious moulded background and bottom with strong current to simulate a mountain stream. Anyone know if this has successfully been done before?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Oh fizzles haha.
It was worth a try , .

And yes ,oh yes ,there is a perfect thread that i will link for you, a lovely lady called alyssa did the exact same as you have in mind and its worked out brilliantly.
I hope your going to put a large shoul of congo tetra in there and some cool catfish (just mere suggestions)

Ive tryed linking but it wont work, but if you search for a thread called 'can i use concrete for scaping?' You should find it
Old 01-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!
severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:41 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperchaos
Oh fizzles haha.
It was worth a try , .

And yes ,oh yes ,there is a perfect thread that i will link for you, a lovely lady called alyssa did the exact same as you have in mind and its worked out brilliantly.
I hope your going to put a large shoul of congo tetra in there and some cool catfish (just mere suggestions)

Ive tryed linking but it wont work, but if you search for a thread called 'can i use concrete for scaping?' You should find it
Oh wow, so cool!! That's the sort of thing I had in mind. Thank you. That coupled with a high flow filter taking from one end of the tank and returning to the other... Oooh now, all I need is a little lottery win lol
Old 01-12-2012, 06:28 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thats perfect conditions for a long tank all we need now is a long tank, long pay slip, long break off work :')

Thats all, just a few things really! :/

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com