Lots of fish, mostly Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Capt. Joe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have alot of fish but not very big tanks. I have a 55 gallon, two 20 gallons, three 10 gallons, a 1 gal and a small plastis betta tank. I have mostly Catfish some puffers a few bettas 2 parrots and some sharks and a black ghost. I am going to obtain much larger aquariums one day but right now all the fish are small and young and all are healthy. Water is great, ph and nitrates are good. I am feeding myself with as much fish and aquatica knowledge I can find. I want to be or be known one day as a fish or maybe a Catfish GuRu. " I know a little corny but if you are reading this you probably know what I mean. " By now I feel like I could give someone as good advice as one could get down at the local Pet Smart or Petco, but I'm not knocking those pet stores. There's good and bad things about pet stores. And thats where I got alot of my fish, equipment, and some advice. Now I will admit I have bought alot of my fish from walmart. Now there's alot more bad things about fish regarding Wally World than good but it is where I got my first 10 gallon tanks when I was younger and my figure 8 puffers came from there and there fine. Even my nice 55 gallon aquarium was purchased there from the person I bought it from and theres nothing wrong with it. Im not here to bad mouth anyone or be negative. I just want to share my fish experiences and maybe get and give advice and learn.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice, where experienced aquarists meet newbies!

Cool! I hope you can post pics of your catfish (I would like a pic of the Black Ghost as well, always wanted one of those :) )

Capt. Joe said:
I have alot of fish but not very big tanks. I have a 55 gallon, two 20 gallons, three 10 gallons, a 1 gal and a small plastis betta tank. I have mostly Catfish some puffers a few bettas 2 parrots and some sharks and a black ghost. I am going to obtain much larger aquariums one day but right now all the fish are small and young and all are healthy. Water is great, ph and nitrates are good. I am feeding myself with as much fish and aquatica knowledge I can find. I want to be or be known one day as a fish or maybe a Catfish GuRu. " I know a little corny but if you are reading this you probably know what I mean. " By now I feel like I could give someone as good advice as one could get down at the local Pet Smart or Petco, but I'm not knocking those pet stores. There's good and bad things about pet stores. And thats where I got alot of my fish, equipment, and some advice. Now I will admit I have bought alot of my fish from walmart. Now there's alot more bad things about fish regarding Wally World than good but it is where I got my first 10 gallon tanks when I was younger and my figure 8 puffers came from there and there fine. Even my nice 55 gallon aquarium was purchased there from the person I bought it from and theres nothing wrong with it. Im not here to bad mouth anyone or be negative. I just want to share my fish experiences and maybe get and give advice and learn.

Welcome! I have a list of minimum tank sizes for common freshwater fish
It is linked in my signature, the second link
There you can find the tanks you'll need!

Back
Top Bottom