Love pets and new tank challenge!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SJ.JEEP.GIRL

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Good Morning,
I'm a Dirty South... Jersey kind of girl. I've always had pets growing up. Mainly big dogs. My first fish was a Betta named Mr. Bulb Bubbles. I had him for about 6 years, he went from SJ to Arizona in the snow storm of '96, to him freezing in his tank in my motor home on our way back to SJ in yet another snow storm in 2000. I cried like a baby when when we pulled up to the hotel and he sat on the heater thawing out his tank. I left the room for abou an hour, and when I got back, there was a beautiful bouquet of roses in his tank. I said to my hubs he's dead? He said no look... lol

My newest tanking adventure was left by ex's son who move in with my fiancé and me. He was moving to ND and didn't want the tank. He left me with a 2 Birchir's, Jack Dempsey, a green terror, a Jag, 2 pleco's. With the new 35 gal hexagon tank came more cichlids. They were named after Chicago PD cast. I loved my black Jag,
Atwater. Then came the 55 gal tank where we added with the 2 ft long Bircher, 2 each of the following Electric blue Acara, Golden Mbuna, Yellow tail Acei, Trichopodus,Green Spotted puffer fish, Pleco and 4 goldfishes, oh and Atwater. Atwater started acting funny one day erratically swimming up and down the tank and died later that night. I was devastated. I took him to the fish store and asked him if he could do an autopsy... we laughed.

So that's y story. Now here is my question,can I add angel fish to the 55 gal?

Welcome! Sounds like a challenge you will work through!

As for an Angel, it is not usual to get a full sized fish, just smallish ones, but based on the Terror name of the one Cichlid, I doubt the Angel would be tough enough, lol! Cichlids are not my department. But have kept Angels (with mostly polite tropical community fish though) :)

You can try your question here
Cichlid Discussion - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Back
Top Bottom