Lurker Emerges

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AgentClover

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!

I have been looking through this forum off and on for a while now. But I have really taken a liking to aquariums, so when I upgraded from a simple 5 gallon to a 55 gallon, I figured it was time I actually started to come out and mingle. I have lots of learning to do!

My name is Clover, I'm 24 years old. I grew up watching my dad manage a 20 gallon fish tank with neons and few other types, but eventually, after they all perished, he just stopped. I always wanted another fish tank but didn't manage to get around to that until I was 21. I started with a 5 gallon and failed miserably. My mollies only lasted 2 weeks and my sweet cory albino was the only surviving one. He lived for about 2 and a half years before dying. I gave up for a few months, but every trip to the pet store was just too much and I caved in. Started up the tank and failed miserably again. I had tetras, barbs, and mystery snails. I fell in love with the mystery snails and when everything else died they remained. But it felt funny having a tank with just snails so I got a loach to keep them company. I fell in love with him and still have him. The snails perished and all I had was my loach. Just when I thought I was done with the hobby, my brother has a 10 gallon tank with a HUGE angelfish in it and a small bristlenose. I felt so sorry for it. Eventually he moved out of state and abandoned the tank with my mother who was not interested at all. =/ I sort of took it upon myself to save the angelfish and I got an appropriate tank size off craigslist and got it set up and saved that poor thing. Thus, my transition from a 5 to a 55 gallon tank. Lol.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Back
Top Bottom