Lux says hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LuxorCaw

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Since Ive been a member since May, Ive finally decided to drop a post and tell you all how great a forum this is. Here's my introduction and brief history...

In May I took up the Saltwater hobby again, after a couple of year lay off. I had moved to Ohio from Florida, and instead of dealing with the frustrations of moving the tank, I sold it. To tell you the truth I was glad to get out of the hobby then. I never had enough time, or money, to truly dedicate to the hobby. I had two major crashes, couldnt seem to keep my corals alive, and it seemed every time a turned around I was spending more money on upkeep and matinence. It was just frustrating to say the least.

But I have to admit, it was all my fault. I never took the proper time to fully educate myself on the hobby. I had had a 55gal freshwater, running perfect for 5 years, so I thought saltwater shouldnt have been any different. Boy was I wrong.

Anywho, fastforward to last year, after long talks with the wife, we decided to get back into the hobby. This time, Ive been educating myself (mostly on this website) and taking it slow. So far in 7 months all I have is 2 damsels in my tank. I recently set up a QT and currently have a Clarkii Clown in it. I feel much more statified now that Ive had the proper time to get everything set up and actually feel that I have a somewhat good grasp on the basics. I know I have alot to learn, but Im willing to learn it all in good time. The only problem Im having now is Im in a constant battle with cyanobacteria, but having done research on this site, Im working through it.

Its taken me so long to post because Ive been able to search down all of the answers to my questions in the forum posts, and since Ive have nothing to add, I dont post. Dont worry thought, Im always lurking...

Anyway, Great site and thanks for making this hobby fun for me again.

LuxorCaw said:
since Ive have nothing to add, I dont post. Dont worry thought, Im always lurking...

I beg to differ! The experience you have in FW alone is 5x mine. Your experience can be beneficial to someone. Give it some thought.

Good luck with your new SW tank!

Back
Top Bottom