Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-26-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Smile Magnificent Obsession

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the neighborhood, which tells me I have come a long way just by signing up for this forum.

I have had traditional aquariums over the past with the plastic plants and the stupid decorations. I became interested in planted aquariums after viewing incredibly landscaped systems. I thought to myself, piece of cake, I'll do that and impress my family and friends.

Well, needless to say, it has been 1 1/2 years and I have learned so much, spent so much time and money and have experienced every human emotion possible trying to get to a stable tank that looks like something. I actually reached the point were I wanted to trash everything and start over, but patience prevailed and it amazing how an aquarium can recover by just doing the right things and not over-doing everything.

I have experienced every algae known to man, extreme ph swings, CO2 overdosing, low light and high light issues on and on and on,......

Every week, I learn what I still don't know. Yet, slow but surely, I have learned more than I thought I would ever need to know. It is a process and ultimately a hobby that is never boring and wonderfully satisfying when things are done right.

So, I am here to pick up new bits of information and seek help at the next pending trauma I somehow will create for by plants and fish that have so nicely committed their existence to me.

Happy bubbles to all of you,.....

Mr. Breeze

Mr. Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:28 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Welcome to AA!

Question everything you see on the internet. ~ George Orwell
HN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
Welcome to aa
mdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome, thanks for joining us here at Aquarium Advice!
[CENTER]Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
Latest aquarium vlog:
redsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
to AA!

I see your from Irvine. My dad went to college there
"If you're not making mistakes, then you're not doing anything. I'm positive that a doer makes mistakes."
--John Wooden
bruinsbro1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA! We're so glad to have you here! I'm glad that you didn't trash your tank or else you maybe wouldn't be here.
Galligak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
Ah, Irvine.. I'm in Garden Grove
ocminpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Welcome aboard.

the Bog

"Listen to some of these guys talk, and it's like they were born from their momma's belly with a fishkeeping encyclopedia in one hand and an API kit in the other" (unrevealed).
Wy Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com