Magnificent Obsession

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Breeze

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the neighborhood, which tells me I have come a long way just by signing up for this forum.

I have had traditional aquariums over the past with the plastic plants and the stupid decorations. I became interested in planted aquariums after viewing incredibly landscaped systems. I thought to myself, piece of cake, I'll do that and impress my family and friends.

Well, needless to say, it has been 1 1/2 years and I have learned so much, spent so much time and money and have experienced every human emotion possible trying to get to a stable tank that looks like something. I actually reached the point were I wanted to trash everything and start over, but patience prevailed and it amazing how an aquarium can recover by just doing the right things and not over-doing everything.

I have experienced every algae known to man, extreme ph swings, CO2 overdosing, low light and high light issues on and on and on,......

Every week, I learn what I still don't know. Yet, slow but surely, I have learned more than I thought I would ever need to know. It is a process and ultimately a hobby that is never boring and wonderfully satisfying when things are done right.

So, I am here to pick up new bits of information and seek help at the next pending trauma I somehow will create for by plants and fish that have so nicely committed their existence to me.

Happy bubbles to all of you,.....

Mr. Breeze

Welcome to AA!:welcome: We're so glad to have you here! I'm glad that you didn't trash your tank or else you maybe wouldn't be here:D.

Back
Top Bottom