Make Money Saying Sup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostInFish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello, all I am glad to be apart of this forum. It has been inspirational. The best part is seeing everyone's view of a beautiful aquarium. I'm Strictly Freshwater. It's something about it all that has me in awe. I have several tanks starting at 33 gallon. With 2 serpae tetras and 2 rainbows that I rehomed for a friend. Next is 100 gallon with 33 BSN pleco's ( they are breeding) 2 Peruvian angels and a rainbow shark. Then I have a 150 gallon "my baby" With 12 Discus,3 panda Cory cats and 3 queen arabesque along with 5 red spot gobies.. Also I have a 180 gallon with a mix of African cichlids like Red Empress,lemon Jake,Hap Flameback, Hap tomato,Socolofi,Congo black calvus, white calvus,Borleyi,White Top Afra Ahara,Red tail Shark,Golden nugget,Blue Paneque,Red Zebra,BristleNose

Sup! I started up little over 4 months ago with hand me down 5gal, not knowing anything about fish keeping I overstocked it. Long story short I have a 10,20,30 all running, with a 46 in storage. This has been so much fun for me and this forumn has helped me more than anything! Thanks to all!

Sup! I started up little over 4 months ago with hand me down 5gal, not knowing anything about fish keeping I overstocked it. Long story short I have a 10,20,30 all running, with a 46 in storage. This has been so much fun for me and this forumn has helped me more than anything! Thanks to all!

Nice, it can be addicting. Kinda like getting a tattoo you never get just 1 lol. What do you have in your tanks?

I do not have tats but yes it is very addicting, I'd have more tanks if I had the space for sure! New 10 has a pair of gardneri killies and 4 fry, 20 has 6 hebrosus dwarf Cory's, 4 neons, 2 cpd's, 3 gups and an albino bn, 30 has a m/f pair of apisto double reds, 4 Odessa barbs, 4 rummynose, 4 zebra danio, 4 hexazona barbs, albino bn. The 30 is all over the place with stocking I know, it was my first tank, working out great so far. My 20 had some issue that has cost me 2 neons and a cpd in the last week, working through it though.

I do not have tats but yes it is very addicting, I'd have more tanks if I had the space for sure! New 10 has a pair of gardneri killies and 4 fry, 20 has 6 hebrosus dwarf Cory's, 4 neons, 2 cpd's, 3 gups and an albino bn, 30 has a m/f pair of apisto double reds, 4 Odessa barbs, 4 rummynose, 4 zebra danio, 4 hexazona barbs, albino bn. The 30 is all over the place with stocking I know, it was my first tank, working out great so far. My 20 had some issue that has cost me 2 neons and a cpd in the last week, working through it though.

Sounds like a nice variety of fish. I know rummy nose are very picky with water conditions just a heads up. I had neon once but they didn't last long not sure what happened to them maybe the temp I had them at 84 degree. I had them with Discus

Sounds like a nice variety of fish. I know rummy nose are very picky with water conditions just a heads up. I had neon once but they didn't last long not sure what happened to them maybe the temp I had them at 84 degree. I had them with Discus
As far as ph? Temp? Or conditions trates? They seem to be happy and healthy, I stay up on the weekly 30-40% wc. Ya From what I've learned neons are pretty tricky lil guys.. Discus huh? I've heard those are some pretty demanding fish?

Yes they are very sensitive, and require a good maintenance schedule along with lots of small feedings. I learned the hard way with them and kinda just did what ever. When ever I had time kinda thing and they didn't like that they would stop eating and become dark colored. I lost 4 of them a while back from not keeping up on water changes. I I now do weekly 30%PWC and they are doing great. They can become ill at the drop of a hat. For no apparent reason. Sometimes its very frustrating. Definitely not a beginner fish

Ouch! That's an expensive learning curve! Discus are pretty sick but I'm thinking I want to go full mbuna in my 46 when I get it going. My Lfs has an excellent selection and they're quite reasonably priced so I could go all out with having to eat ramen and tuna for a month..

Ouch! That's an expensive learning curve! Discus are pretty sick but I'm thinking I want to go full mbuna in my 46 when I get it going. My Lfs has an excellent selection and they're quite reasonably priced so I could go all out with having to eat ramen and tuna for a month..

Yes it was cost me about $350. That sounds like a good idea they are really cool an very active. Take your time and get the ones you want. Don't buy on impulse. I have mixed my lakes and they are doing really well together. Keep that in mind when picking the cool ones

Yes it was cost me about $350. That sounds like a good idea they are really cool an very active. Take your time and get the ones you want. Don't buy on impulse. I have mixed my lakes and they are doing really well together. Keep that in mind when picking the cool ones
Wowzers! Yah I will certainly put some effort into selecting a nice line up that will not result in a massacre. I've heard to many horror stories..

I started keeping fish a little over 1 year ago. I've had varrying numbers of tanks. At one time I had 8, now I have 6.

So what size tanks do you keep now? Anything interesting in them?

I have two 5.5 gallons, a 7 gallon, a 20 gallon long, 25 gallon rectangle, and a 28 gallon hex. All are freshwater. One 5.5 has a betta, pink ramshorns, and two african dwarf frogs. The other 5.5g is empty, not sure what to put in it. The 7 gallon currently has a betta and three Amano shrimp. Eventually the stock will include Sundadanio Axelrodi 'Blue Form' , Yellow Neo Shrimp, and maybe a peacock gudgeon. The 20 gallon long has a female Betta and Gold Barbs. The 25 gallon has a pair of Blue Rams, a male betta, some cory cats, 4 platys, and 5 X-Ray tetras. Also an Amano shrimp, a couple Otos, and a Nerite. Lastly the 28 gallon has two male guppies, 1 male betta, 1 male honey gourami, and 10 cardinal tetras. Tanks are probably overstocked, and some of the combos are weird, but it works for me!

That sounds like you have your hands full that's for sure. I like the shrimp they have some real cool ones but they aren't cheap. Would be cool to breed some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some one has to save the bettas from their little coffin cup at the lps! Sad....

Back
Top Bottom