Making the switch from freshwater to salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherb

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to this site and really enjoy all of the information that is shared. I have had a 45 gallon freshwater semi-aggresive community aquarium for 12 years. I recently decided to move this aquarium to my office and purchased a 54 gallon bow front corner aquarium for my home.

I have not set up my new aquarium yet but was considering making it a salt water aquarium. I decided to do diligent research to see if I could handle the maintenance required for a saltwater tank. My Dad who is also an aquarium enthusiast tried his hand at a saltwater tank 40 years ago and says it is not worth the trouble. By everything I have read on line, it appears the hobby has changed so much over the past 20 years, that they are no longer as hard to keep.

I do like the ease of my freshwater aquarium. Any advise anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Welcome to AA! :)

There are some great "getting started" write ups in the articles section. SW husbandry has advanced incredibly in the last couple decades.

Welcome to AA. I enjoy the simplicity of FW so I can't speak much to SW tanks. Post in the SW forums and you might get a better response and/or guidance. Good luck and again welcome.

Welcome. I love my SW! They are great! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :-D

I find that saltwater tanks (especially reef tanks ) are really mind boggling,...the more you get into it ,the cooler it gets,...ask questions..and enjoy the build.

Back
Top Bottom