/me waves a tentacle/claw/fin...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bytehead

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everybody. My name is Bryan (aka bytehead).

I currently have no tanks. :( As in I don't even OWN any!

I used to have a successful 20 gallon, with a Pangasius catfish that I managed to keep alive for eight years, despite having it jump out of the tank (luckily I was home and heard it croaking), surviving loss of heat during an Ohio winter (My aneus cats did spawn when that happened), and moving it 30 miles.

Then one day, the whole tank died. It was as if somebody has just poured bleach into it. That was upsetting. I took it down, and haven't put it one up since. But I've got the bug, and I'm thinking about doing it again, even with threats from my wife. Her ex had tanks set up in just about every room in this house.

I just want one 55 gallon fresh water tank. Byerly's in Columbus, Ohio has/had a tank I want to copy. Well planted with a bunch of neon, cardinal and black tetras (and probably one or two Pangasius hypophthalmus thrown in as well...)

I've tried my hand at some betta's, but I've got one cat entirely too curious about them when I bring them home. He WILL manage to topple the aquarium over (after I got it setup that he couldn't get his paws in to try to fish it out!)

Back
Top Bottom