meber introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think i already made one i am not sure how this works. I also dont know how to make a new post and wante to know if you could tell me please and thanks.

To make a new post (which you did here) just go into the appropriate forum and click the new thread button. Enter your post and you're all set

Welcome, I joined just recently and I've already learned more than I thought was possible. This board is a great resource!

thanks neilan. i need some help i have a 55 gallon the pH is dropping to 7.2 every thing else looks good.if this is the right place to post this.

You should post your specific questions in the applicable forums. I assume this is a FW tank, based on your pH, so you should post there.

The first thing you'll get asked is about your pH buffering capability, so we're going to want to know what your kH is too, and what types of things you have in your tank. driftwood, for example, is known to lower pH.

Hi, all.

I've been sort of "grazing" this morning. I think the site is pretty great. I look forward to learning more and morel

FOWL Convert

Hello all, just joined up and I am in the middle of converting from a FOWL 45 Gallon Tall to a Reef 180 Gal 6x2x2. I am finishing up the new stand, taking longer than I thought. I had it 80 % complete to only realize that I needed six more inches for the refugium / sump. So, four new 4x4 legs later, I am 80 % complete again. Really taking my time on this, I have to build in overflows and drill the bottom seeing that this tank was not reef ready. But, it was such a good price I am willing to do the work. I enjoy building my own refugium / sumps and just got my hands on a 55 gallon used tank for $40, pretty happy about that. My first challenge is drilling for the closed loop and figuring out head loss and GPH, I am lost when it comes to this and have no idea what kind of pump to get. But, half the fun is building and learning. Ok, enough rambling on; I am very happy to have found this site and look forward to picking the experts brains on here.

Gavin
Graham, WA

Welcome Doug, Carl, and Rob! :) :)

And Reef Soldier too. But I'd recommend posting in a new thread. What you did is called "highjacking" :).

Besides, you'll get better responses in a SW thread.

Perfect, my first posting on my first forum was an illegal act! Thank you for the correction Ray, I will do my best not to highjack anyone else again.

Back
Top Bottom