Molly's back bent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spalady

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello my name is Laurie and I am new to this site. I have an established 40 gallon tank with a Molly fish that's Junior age. My Molly (after being bullied by more aggressive and larger Mollies that are now removed) all of a sudden his back is curved. I believe it's a genetic disease because it's mother had the same problem. Does anyone have any advice or help that you can give me? From what I have read on the Internet, it's either genetic or TB. I really love this fish, and I've had it since it was born. So, the situation really bothers me!! Advice?

Hi, welcome to the forum. If it was TB you would hopefully see some other signs of infection (same as if in humans). If just a bent back then could be just genetics or I've found this can happen with old age or after females give birth. No cure known that I'm aware of.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. I greatly appreciate your help!

No worries, hope all goes well with your fish. I've seen a couple with I guess you could say poor genetics and they still get around fine (I don't breed/sell so they don't go anywhere).

Back
Top Bottom