Mostly a plant guy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GeorgeBlevins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My "main" hobby is growing nepenthes pitcher plants and other carnivores like sarracenia and fly traps. Freshwater tanks are pretty fun too, but getting them balanced is tricky.

Maybe a little underwhelming, but my goal is to have a peaceful planted community with Atya gabonensis as a centerpiece.
Maybe shrimp aren't centerpieces, but I love those filter feeders!

Plants

My "main" hobby is growing nepenthes pitcher plants and other carnivores like sarracenia and fly traps. Freshwater tanks are pretty fun too, but getting them balanced is tricky.

Maybe a little underwhelming, but my goal is to have a peaceful planted community with Atya gabonensis as a centerpiece.
Maybe shrimp aren't centerpieces, but I love those filter feeders!

Hello Geo...

I'm heavily into plants as part of the aquarium set up. Specifically, as a water filtering system in place of the mechanical kind. I use the plants to balance the water chemistry, so they provide the fish with near pure water conditions.

B

Welcome!

Do you ever see Rachel O'Leary on youtube, she is getting into carnivorous plants big time. Just went on a tour

Just got a Sarracenia x Hudith Hindle, and very nearly got a Nepenthes - maybe 'Alata', looked like a pretty common one. My daughter nearly killed the Sarracenia as it was moved (unaware) under a Barn swallow nest getting blanketed in poop! Planning on getting a few more types of carnivorous plants too.

Ataya Gabonensis is a really fascinating Shrimp. I love the blues. They need a matured set up without parameter swings! A couple people here keep /have kept them I believe for sure one still has them.

So glad you found us. Make sure to add a carnivorous plant photo album from your profile!

Back
Top Bottom