Moving into saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bioteacher

Aquarium Advice Freak
Greetings AA,

After lurking for a couple of weeks, I finally registered, and now my first post.

I am a biology teacher in the Chicagoland area, and I have a fair amount of experience with freshwater systems in my classroom. I have a 55g with many Illinois natives--largemouth bass, bluegill, bullhead, snails, crayfish. I also have a zebrafish housing system which is home to several hundred danios in many varieties--wild type, albino, blue, leopard, red/green/orange/blue fluorescent. I use the danios in my instruction because of their widespread use in biological research.

I just moved into a new home, and the previous owner has a built-in for a huge tank. I am looking to put in saltwater tank in this location. I am currently working with the previous owner to buy much of his equipment. Looks like it was 110g, but I don't know much else yet. I will definitely update my profile as I accumulate equipment. I will probably need guidance, and look forward to chatting with you all.

Back
Top Bottom