Mts -

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mdel747

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hello

I have to first say good job again to Neil on his 72

i have a 55FW and a 30 FW now ,
I am looking for my next build I'm looking at a 72 bow -FOWLR
i am here to learn ,

i think i will start to collect the necessities before i get the tank ,

so far i have

1- little giant 4-MDQX-SC
1 empty 55
1 empty terrarium tank still at my sisters , but looks 60" long

yep thats it

pics of my 55 so far

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 74
i have green leds buried in the substrate to light up the plants , the blue is still work in progress as to where to place them maybe a DIY swivel to hold them , so easier for highlighting things in the tank , they all are on dimmers to control the amount of light shown ,

haha! I was wondering how you got your plants to glow like that. Very sneaky!

lol i sneaked the plants out of the box ( fake ) the lights are just for show ,

but i found a good supplier of leds ( china ) and i had him make them up with 8 foot to the leds so i can have dimmers under cabinet and still have enough to bury under the gravel ,

i will incorporate this into the new SW when i get that far ,

wile we are on it whats a good price on a used 72 bow with factory cabinet , basic light , I'm dealing on one now ,the ol offer counter offer , now he is stewing on it

I order LEDs and resistors from HK and make my own, same theory. Haven't ever done an underwater application though.

Prices on this stuff vary widely by area. Since I got my tank from a member on here used and built my stand, I can't really help you on prices.

he is at 300 now for the set up and I'm at 200 , I'm thinking if we meet in the middle

i gave him the i have to drill holes in it ,, line and sent pic of a broken tank ,
lol my bad

Thank you zagz , I have been reading the forum all day read all of the articles in the stickys on sw , but i have many questions on plumbing and set up still ,
I had a 50gal SW 15 years ago i don't know how i kept those fish alive from what i read now , i think it was tank hob filter and skimmer

i have a paired set of chocolate angels, few mollies ,dwarf gouramis , placo , and cat , I have kullie lochs coming in today in few hours ,

I have 4 angles in my other tank one is getting pushed out of the group or is hanging by its self , so that one will take the trip with me to the lfs , i had it set up to return 2 once i get another to pair up ,

as for the lights they are starting to look good , but . i have new black intakes on the way so i can hide all of the wiring and air hose ,,
If they want to party in there i can turn on the disco lights , but they keep requesting macho macho man so i don't put those on much :clown:

Attachments

• Picture 024 (968 x 648) (600 x 402).jpg
    Picture 024 (968 x 648) (600 x 402).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom