My Fancy fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My1stFancies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I am new to the group. I have a 55gal with 5 Fancy Goldfish. Just found out 4 females and one male. I noticed funny behavior and asked around some thought it was breeding behavior:. Since I have never done this before I read that since I have no real plants for them to lay eggs i would need to do something, so I made these things out of wool and tada eggs! I was very excited. No one thought they would live, I was told that I would have to do alot of work to breed goldfish. well I didn't, ( I separated the eggs as soon as I thought they had been fertilized ) and now I have several fry in a 30gal tank with a 75 filter on it.. My question is if i put my pleco from the 55gal into the tank with the fry for just a few days will he eat them? any advice would be great. also wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for fry to get about an inch long? Thanks again :thanks:

Reply to Fancy Goldfish Post

Hi,

Don't want to be argumentative, but obviously the person is a newbee and doesn't realize you can't stuff 5 fancy gold fish in a 55gal. I took your comment to mean great the fry would be eaten by the pleco. Despite the fact that you're correct, I'm sure the poster was a little mortified. It's out job to educate and keep in mind we all started somewhere in this hobby.

Hi,

Don't want to be argumentative, but obviously the person is a newbee and doesn't realize you can't stuff 5 fancy gold fish in a 55gal. I took your comment to mean great the fry would be eaten by the pleco. Despite the fact that you're correct, I'm sure the poster was a little mortified. It's out job to educate and keep in mind we all started somewhere in this hobby.

My apologies there where this didn't make sense.

To detail - 1) great news on the fry. One of the fantastic things with fish keeping.

2) I would have a concern over the Pleco and would keep the fry apart.

Regards.

Back
Top Bottom