my first aquarium 30 gallons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

star1987

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Well hello to everyone im new here at this site. I am a begginer and i have a 30 gallon tank with 4neon tetras and 4 male guppies i think lol i just picked them because i loved there unique colors the same with the neons. I wanted to know how to tell males and females on both and also im thinking of addinf 3 more of each kind and adding some glo fish are they compatible with eachother?

Welcome to AA!!!

In my opinion Glofish, Guppies and Neon Tetras can live together but keep in mind, these are schooling fish, they like being kept in a group of 4-5 or so. You also have to pay attention to the Female to Male ratio so the females dont become too stressed. Provide enough decor and hiding spots in case they need them.

Unless you try to only get one gender of fish, esp with the guppies, they will most likely breed. The baby guppies with either need to be seperated or if your planning on leaving them in there, provide small plants for them to hide in.

Back
Top Bottom