My first Aquarium/ new here too!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starinme

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello!! I just stumbled on this site (stumbleupon.com)

I bought a fish tank almost 3 weeks ago, thinking that I could just throw some water in it, buy some gravel and fish.. then whooo laaa!

Boy was I wrong!!! I got the package deal! Aquarium, filter and a bottle called "stability" (seachem)

Every Thursday since, I have been going to pet land with a sample of water... fresh water; to see if it's ready for fish... not yet!!!

I never knew how high tech it was!! lol!!

I moved into these apartments, that the only pet you can have is.. well, fish. That is why I am so intriged.

Anyway, I was looking at some fish.. and I seem to like the Millies best. they are very personable.. or easily amused as I.

Does any one know of any fish that I can put in the tank with them that won't eat them or vice versa?? I want my tank to be one that wow's my guest!! :p:D

Welcome to AA!

For your questions on compatibility, etc. I'd recommend starting a thread in the FW Getting Started forum with additional stats on your aquarium (size, current inhabitants, desired inhabitants, etc.). That forum gets a bit more traffic, so you'll get more help that way.

Welcome to AA! I would highly recommend a fishless cycle. I assume you mean mollies? They are a great fish. What size tank did you buy? Before you can add fish your tank needs to cycle and it needs an ammonia source in order to cycle. See our articles for tips on how to speed up your cycle.

Hello and welcome to the site. I am new here as well.
I assume you mean Mollies. I have Guppies, Platys, and swordtails with my mollies as well as a cory, a chinese algae eater, and a couple snails. Just getting my live plants started.
Those give a nice variety of color and lots of activity to watch. Good luck with your tank, keep us posted.

Welcome to the site! I highly recommend you read the articles on the Nitrogen Cycle and fishless cycling before you get any fish. Links are in my sig below. Ask all your questions here on AA, we'd love to help you get into the hobby!

Welcome to Aquarium Advice. As you can tell by the posts to your thread already, the people here are great and very helpful. I'm sort of a newbie here myself and they have helped me understand the formalities of setting up a tank.
Mollies are a great fish. They come in a variety of patterns and colors and in my opinion are more forgiving to a newbie when starting a tank. It has been my experience that they get along nicely with nearly all community fish. :p

Welcome to the site! Pretty soon "high tech" will be second hand to you!

Welcome! :wave: Excellent that you have stumbled upon this site before adding fish to your tank...it will save you a lot of headaches! Do a lot of reading and research about cycling and ask lots of questions from the wonderful members here!

You should also invest in some test kits so you can test the water at home, and...

welcometoaa.gif

Ha, love that pic. Anyway welcome starinme. All of those suggestions are great and I agree with Warped1 that they will get along with pretty much any other fish.

Just be careful not to get a fish that is extremely aggressive that will go after them.

Back
Top Bottom