My introduction and system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty12

Aquarium Advice Newbie
:fish2: well im here, not quite sure how to navigate this site properly yet but I'll get their.
I've been keeping cichlids for about five years now and have built my way up to what is now my pride and joy.
My system holds 1000 ltrs of water and has coral sand and rock not only to provide good breeding conditions but shelter as well also helping to maintain water PH level.
The system is filtered in two stages, first is the two tetra tec EX2400 that do the main bulk of filtration and two Fluval U4 skimming and polishing.
I very rarely have to water change other than top ups as the system runs at zero nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, PH level of 7.50 a little low I know.
Even buffering with 8.3 buffer just does not move the PH level any higher, the KH is 6 degrees DH combine that with the current PH level gives me a CO2 content of 10 mg/l.
So in a nutshell that's me and my setup please supply any feedback as even I'm still learning nice to meet you all.

Back
Top Bottom