My name is Jonathan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lonelobster

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm a new hobbyist looking for some help along the way. I do a lot of reading on this forum and I plan on hanging out here for a while.

I started with a 15 gallon freshwater with goldfish which didn't work out very well but it was my 'mistank' (mistake tank) I have found that managing my 45 gallon (36"x24"x12") tank much easier to maintain even though it's somewhat deep and I put way too much useless gravel in it. I used Dr. Tim's One and Only to cycle it which Im not sure if it helped or not much it went much smoother than my 15 gallon.

I have 2 medium Amazon Sword's 2 medium Anacharis, lava rock and driftwood as decoration. I use a WavePoint T5 78watt. I use root tabs for my two Swords and was told that I don't need any special substrate or anything. I would eventually like a fully planted out tank.

I have added a total of 10 rummy nose tetras and 1 young electric blue lobster which hides in my driftwood all day.

Back
Top Bottom