Okay so I have a 55 gallon fish tank, just recently started making it into a planted tank.
I don't know too much about this stuff but I'm learning.
Just recently noticed there's a slight algae problem.
Is that because there is too much lighting in the tank?
At first I thought my plants were dying because they got brown/reddish looking but took them out and turns out it was algae covering the plant and they were green and healthy looking underneath it all.
Anybody ever have that happen before?
For substrate I have normal gravel mixed with some Seachem Flourite Plant Substrate.
I have the Fluval Mini Pressurized .07oz Kit
And lighting I have four 21" Odyssea 65W Compact Fluorescent Bulb 6700k
I am just getting the plant tank started. Anybody have any input/thoughts about substrate, co2
and lighting? Any information is much appreciated!!!