need advise asap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ruthiex10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i am fairly new at my freshwater tank........fancy tail guppies.i have a boy tank and a girl tank, i currentyl have three in each with a ghost shrimp in with the girls and two mini african frogs in with the boys. all are doing well EXCEPT a female who seems to be pregnant x3.5 months now. that is my problem???? she has all the symptoms of being pregnant but won't let them go. I have done this so far: put her in a plastic box designed for mothers having babies, all that did was stress her out, removed her from that, next i removed everyone from her tank, she got depressed , i even removed the ghost shrimp....no babies.....meanwhile she gets fatter, black spots evident with black strip across her upper fin area, now i have just put a seperator in the girl tank with the mother to be??? all by herself, well there are still some snails with her :) but for the most part she should feel safe and LET THOSE BABIES GO. what do i do ?????? i am ready to do surgery on this fish..............

Attachments

• mama fish 1.jpg
    mama fish 1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 77
Is she definitely pregnant? Could she be sick and have bloat? It looks way bigger then any heathy pregnant guppy pic I've seen.

She is fat !! How mych do u feed her ???? I have one puece of advive about the breeder tank ( the one designed for females to have birth) is to go buy a black stocking and cut a section half the measurement of the breeder tank then rinse it and streeeeeech it over the tank then she cant see the other guppys but water can still pass thru also feed her crushed peas itll help with the bloating :)

Back
Top Bottom