Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-12-2019, 08:26 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Need some help

Hello, Iím new to this forum and downloaded this app because I had many questions on my fish tank that I needed answered.

1.) My test kit keeps giving me readings of 0 on ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. I have the api master test kit and yes I banged the heck out of bottle #2.

2.) my one fishís eye has a cloudy spot on it, and side the eye is cloudy on his fin barely moves like it probably should (a fire dwarf gourami)

3.) how much fun nipping is ďtoo muchĒ fun nipping? My one new mollie nips at the gouramis fins sometimes quite persistently

Thank you so much for any help youíd be able to give.

Old 08-14-2019, 12:40 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

If you can do a couple pwc's that would be better.

Get a sample to a lfs for a verification as a cloudy eye could mean aggression/fighting, say if you have 2 male Gourami, injury from wood or decor, or poor water conditions.

I would do 2 50% back to back, pwc's if you normally do pwc's weekly
OR
if you have been lax in pwc's, the water is probably very different from your tap, and I would do 2 - 25%, to make the water more similar to the tap, and then wait a few hours and do a couple 30% or over night /next morning. Obviously the more fresher water the better. This goes for most fish health in general, and recovering from illness/injury especially.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com