Need some help with a new aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dnk1029

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Have a 10 gallon tank with a quietflow 10 filter, i' ve had a betta fish in it for about 3 months now and the other day it died. Decided to try a different fish and got platy's. Bought the api master test kit to see whats goin on in tank and have high ammonia and nitrite levels, everything else tests good. Did my water changes and vacuumed tank. found to be real dirty on bottom and now looks real clean when i vacuum it again. Went out and bought the stress zyme and used it in my tank for the first time in the morning, later on i checked the level and changed some water. still in the high range. should i wait a week and keep on the schedule of the stress ezyme adding every week and doing water changes frequently or not , please help.

Welcome to AA! It sounds like your tank is cycling if you have high ammonia and nitrate levels. Whenever either ammonia or nitrite levels are above .25 you should do a water change to bring the levels down.

In all honesty ... Just stick with your PWC's and I don't use stress-zyme, but many members use Seachem Prime .... that should be the only store bought chemical you need to add.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom