New

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marys0314

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I was asked to take two oscar's, they have a 75 gallon tank. My dad said no due to the extra electric bill cost they create. Would a 75 gallon tank take a lot of extra electric to operate?

It would be a little more but not allot, it depends on how much equipment you run on the tank. The extra expense is not really gonna be the electric in my opinion but you do have extra money going out for food, test kits to check the water, and some extra on the water bill if you don't have a well and water conditioners to keep the water safe for the fish.
And if a filter breaks or lights have to be replaced they can be expensive to replace

Your question has been answered in your other thread. Please refrain from posting multiple threads for the same thing but with that said welcome to AA and if you can convince your dad to let you get them please feel free to bring any questions you have to us. Do you have any other tanks or experience previously with one?

Back
Top Bottom