New!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeskalillis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My husband bought me a 10 gallon tank and gave it to me as an early Christmas gift. I have set it up and added Zebra Danios for cycling. So far they are doing fine. Lets hope the first couple of months go well. I plan on using this site to learn lots more on keeping a tank. In the future I would like to have a bigger tank, but will wait until I move to a bigger place.

Thanks everyone for the welcomes. I am already learning a lot just by browsing different threads!!

Welcome! If you have a smartphone and don't have the app already I recommend it. I browse the new posts tab daily and it's great to see what people are chatting about!

So its been a week since I set up my tank. The danios seem to be doing fine. They are swimming all over the place, chasing each other around. Right now I have two bunches of anacharis, a lava rock (which my fish seem to like swimming in and out of), I have black sand and gravel. I am planning on adding more plants, I am wanting easy to care for plants. I haven't been able to test the water, I am ordering test kits from online since it is cheaper for me. Since I am only a week into cycling what should I expect to see from my tests?

Back
Top Bottom