New 30 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NewbieFishGuy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi All!

New to he aquarium world and definitely excited to get started. I have a 30 gallon tank on the way and have been researching startup and which species I would like. I plan to start with a sand substrate and use fake plants to start. The species I'm looking into are as follows:
Black convict cichlids
Blood red parrot cichlids
Small bal shark
Peacock eel
Clown roach
Panda Cory
Black skirt tetras
Ghost shrimp

Any and all recommendations and advice are very welcome. I also like the black ghost knife but don't know much about them.

Thoughts? Advice?

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Newbiefishguy

Hi All!

New to he aquarium world and definitely excited to get started. I have a 30 gallon tank on the way and have been researching startup and which species I would like. I plan to start with a sand substrate and use fake plants to start. The species I'm looking into are as follows:
Black convict cichlids
Blood red parrot cichlids
Small bal shark
Peacock eel
Clown roach
Panda Cory
Black skirt tetras
Ghost shrimp

Any and all recommendations and advice are very welcome. I also like the black ghost knife but don't know much about them.

Thank you in advance!

Kind regards,
Newbiefishguy

:welcome: to AA! We hope ya enjoy :)

Black convict cichlids- gets to big
Blood red parrot cichlids- get to big
Small bal shark - they get to big
Peacock eel- this may work I'm not sure
Clown roach- they get to big
Panda Cory- will be ok in your tank size
Black skirt tetras- will be.ok in your tank size
Ghost shrimp- will be ok
black ghost knife - they get to big

Thank you both! What if I go with a 40 or 50 gallon? Would any or all of the species listed be doable?

A 50 would open up a lot of options but the knife fish gets very large and the bala sharks do to which they also should be kept in schools so unless your getting a 125 I'd stay clear of the balas. You could do a nice convict tank in a 50 or even look into rams and do a more peaceful tank.

Back
Top Bottom