new

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scooper1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone,
I am new to this whole fish keeping thing but so far I feel that I am doing ok. I have a 10 gallon divided fish tank, ive had it a few months and so far so good. I started off with some plants like hornworth and some baby dwarf tear, along with two amazon sword and java moss. Well all I have left is the amazon swords and java moss the rest died lol. So now I have a few silk plants along with 4 assassin snails (two on each side), some glo fish, and tetras on one side and then my female betta (bat girl) on the other side. I also have a couple 2 gallon fish tanks that house my male bettas (gilbert and batman). yes they are separated and they have a house along with a mystery snail in them. I want to eventually upgrade my ten gallon and get a 20 so that way I can put my males in the 10 and yes it will be divided so they don't mess with each other.

Welcome to the forum.

Hornwort can drop needles as it adjusts but often comes back. Especially if floated. Baby tears takes a little par. Not sure what fixture you have.

There no glofish suitable for a 10g. And only a couple of tetras. Especially when divided.

Definitely will be better when you get that 20g.

If you give us some specs we can help you with the plants.

The hornworth started melt. I thought maybe it would start to come back but it just melted more and more. I read after i got it that the horn worth likes cooler water and mine is between 75 and 78 degrees. My ph is at 7.0. The guy at the pet store said that was good for my betta. The glo fish however seem to be ok just darting around all the time. The tetras like to chill at the bottom of the tank away from the current from my filter.

Time required after a melt can take a while. Par, nutrients, ect..lots of variables.

It's your tank...Your stocking. Aquadvisor will give you a good idea ...not perfect.

Yeah i was gonna try it again when i get my 20 gallon tank. Im gonna do the co2 and all of that cause right now the tank is very basic.

There some stickies on co2 basics if you need the info.

Back
Top Bottom