New again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pleco1st

Aquarium Advice Regular
Lol so I haven't been on here in forever it feels so I'm re-introducing myself. My username Pleco1st is because my boyfriend and I have had our common Plecostomas since the beginning about 4yrs ago. Also because my boyfriend says that no matter what we want to do with the tank, we have to figure out how to do it so the Pleco is happy or at least not miserable lol.

Well anyways, currently we have a 40gallon breeder tank. Freshwater, obviously due to the pleco. We have a Fluval 206 canister filter and for lighting we have an LED light fixture make/model 36" Finnex FugeRay. We also had constructed two shelving units for each corner for pleco to hide under (since they don't care for the lights) each made from a Penn Plax tank terrace. In the tank we have (besides pleco who is about 9") a blue three dot gourami (also from the beginning :]), 1 male delta tail betta, a red-tailed black shark, 6 African dwarf frogs, 3 baby clown loaches (we are aware of how big they get and will be upgrading tank size when the time comes that it is needed), and three silver tip tetras that are fairly up there in age.

Our tank is semi planted. We have Anubis growing from two different pieces if driftwood one smaller and one large piece being used kind of like an arch way in the middle of the tank. We have two sword type plants (not actually sure what type they are to be honest) on each side and two amazon swords toward the middle. We used to have to lotus plants but one died and the other isn't doing very well it barely hanging in there. I do not use a CO2 system but I have been looking to get one once I can afford it or find some one who is selling their set up for relatively cheap. We also have a skull mountain, a terracotta pot with the back cut off so they can go through it and four silk plants.

With that being said... hello everyone and thank you for allowing to share your knowledge. I will pro ably be on here a lot more because I am bored with my layout and want to do something new but need help. Thank you again everyone and I look forward to chatting and learning from you all :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well I am now also the proud owner of 3 baby clown loaches and don't fret, my boyfriend and I are already looking/purchasing things for our upgrade =]

Back
Top Bottom