New & have Problem. Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qotsa

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Folks,

I'm new to this site & have a problem with an aggressive Marigold Platy, I got him in the 1st lot of fish added to the tank (apart from a Betta starter) I thought he would settle down but it's been 3 days & he's still torturing the other 3 platys, who are now in hiding :hide:. Any advice would be much appreciated. :thanks:

paramters? tank size? all tank mates? the best thing is is to take all the fish out, then rearange the tank after that add the three being bullyed and then wait an hour and put the aggressive one in.

Thanks for the reply. The tank is 30 lt Biorb Life, we have 1 male Betta, 4 Male Platys & 2 shrimp. I will try this out & hope it works. I had initially rearranged the tank to try & prevent the Betta turning nasty but my boy has been very good.

paramters? tank size? all tank mates? the best thing is is to take all the fish out, then rearange the tank after that add the three being bullyed and then wait an hour and put the aggressive one in.

4 males in that small a space is just not going to work. I honestly would just keep the betta and the shrimp and take the platys back to the store.

Oh joy! I was assured by the (reputable) shop that the platys would be fine together, may be a good excuse to get another tank. Thanks for the help, i shall taking my advice from here in future. Time to find solutions me thinks...

4 males in that small a space is just not going to work. I honestly would just keep the betta and the shrimp and take the platys back to the store.

they would do good together. just in a larger tank. if you do upgrade definently do a 20 gallon long.

Back
Top Bottom