New and making mistakes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rose22

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello,

I am new to this site, and really keeping fish. I have had fish before, but it was basically a trial and error sort of thing. I have recently decided to get back into the hobby, and find myself makeing many mistakes yet again,:facepalm: but at least this time I'm making an effort to change it.

Here is the first tank set up. Its a 10 gallon. (I actually can't figure out how to post it in this message :ermm:, so I'll just attach it.) Its the tank with all the fish and bright colored plants. Its got gravel and the plants are both fake and real. As you can see, I have 2 angelfish in there, which I have since found out is not a good thing. There are also 4 platy, a blue ram, and a Julii cory. Yep, its WAY over stocked, but I'm working on it.

I just got 30 gallon, I set up this last week. Any suggestions to changes on the layout? I have a few danios in there right now for cycling. The plan is to move the angels, platys, and ram into the big tank once its cycled. I'm also thinking of adding a few more corys to this one. In here I decided to use sand, which I am LOVING. The plants are also a mix of fake and real.

That's about it for me. I'll probably add a few pics to my profile later today. I look forward to all the informaiton you guys can help me out with. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 57
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 66
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 60
Yeah the second one with the old school blue filter is my 30g.

I like it, maybe a nice piece of driftwood and how about a back ground? Black would look good. Paper or you can paint it. But it's nice, looks natural. Where's the mistakes?

I like it, maybe a nice piece of driftwood and how about a back ground? Black would look good. Paper or you can paint it. But it's nice, looks natural. Where's the mistakes?

I actually painted a piece of poster board black today. Once it dries, I will put it up.

I was on another forum prior to this one and was constantly told I was doing things wrong, like having the angels in the 10 gallon, which I already knew when I joined and had said I was working on it. They also told me I shouldn't mix real with fake plants. I'm not sure why. They also said that I can't have real plants unless I get all this other stuff that I can't afford. :sorry: Needless to say, it wasn't a good way to start, so I'm glad this site is way more welcoming.

I actually painted a piece of poster board black today. Once it dries, I will put it up.

I was on another forum prior to this one and was constantly told I was doing things wrong, like having the angels in the 10 gallon, which I already knew when I joined and had said I was working on it. They also told me I shouldn't mix real with fake plants. I'm not sure why. They also said that I can't have real plants unless I get all this other stuff that I can't afford. :sorry: Needless to say, it wasn't a good way to start, so I'm glad this site is way more welcoming.

We don't judge or belittle people, you know the deal and the bottom line and important thing is.... Your aware and your working on it, who am I to bash you? That doesn't sound like a nice place...

Very different here (y)

Let's the pics when it's done drying, btw... You can mix real plants with fake plants, it's done often.

We don't judge or belittle people, you know the deal and the bottom line and important thing is.... Your aware and your working on it, who am I to bash you? That doesn't sound like a nice place...

Very different here (y)

Let's the pics when it's done drying, btw... You can mix real plants with fake plants, it's done often.

+1.. both tanks look fantastic and the black back will improve that tenfold. Also, this is one of the nicest and family like community forums you'll find anywhere on the web imo so welcome to the family and hope you enjoy :)

Those angels are stunning. The new tank looks very promising for them! Trial and error is what it's all about and this forum rocks for reference. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom