Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-27-2012, 05:13 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi everyone! Well good news bad news. I haven't been on much as you can see because of my health has worsened. But, my mom had the our LFS come out and help with the tank set up. He even put a clown fish and a baby blue tang after the water tested ok. The fish have been in there for two days now and it is so much fun. But, I noticed the blue tang when the lights are out become active. But, I also noticed it would swim against the bottom on the sand a few times and against the glass? But, it doesn't do it a lot. Is this a sign of ich? I am trying to get a good picture or video to show. My clown seems very happy and sleeps in the sand bed. I read that is common. I am just worried about my tang?

Old 10-27-2012, 05:18 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well... Your tank is way too small for a blue tang and blue tangs are known to get ich very easily. If I were you I'd get him out. You don't wanna introduce ich to your tank.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 AM   #33

Having trouble trying to upload video. I know the tank is too small, but the LFS choose my fish when he came over and he said it could live a year in my tank before relocating to a bigger tank. I was in the hospital when the fish came, and arrived to fish in my tank. So, this is what he told my mom. So you would recommend removing the tang?
Old 10-27-2012, 05:51 AM   #34

http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/us...987e2.mp4.html

http://s1310.beta.photobucket.com/us...76bd6.mp4.html

Here are the links to the video
Old 10-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice Freak

It doesn't look like odd behavior. Blue tangs have a tendency to keep a person on edge with their swimming behavior. Especially when the go to the sand bed and lay sideways mimicking a fish in distress. And at night time, watching your tank with the lights off can also worry a person, because fish behave differently, especially when they are sleeping. One question, how much flow is in the tank? Asking this because, in the one video, the tang looks like it moved swiftly with it actually trying. So you don't worry too much, research or watch videos of your fish and normal behavior. If I were you, and you will not regret it, try and get some inverts if you are able. I have inverts and love them more than the fish in the tank. My favorite is my pair of Skunk Cleaner Shrimp! Oh, and I always try and buy them in pairs. They behave and interact with one another. Other ones I have, and I have a bunch: Coral Banded Shrimp, and Camel Shrimp. Crabs( I don't pair up): Sponge Crab. And a fun sea star to get would be a Chocolate Chip Star. Post anytime you have a question, or just Pm me. Check it at least a few times a day. And I will give you my best opinion possible!
Old 11-03-2012, 02:12 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to ocminpin Send a message via Yahoo to ocminpin Send a message via Skype™ to ocminpin
I saw these two guys the other night and they're ADORABLE!!! So cute!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com